01-23-2012 07:30 PM
Getting "Carriage Jam" error. When I pull out the cartridges, the black tray under the cartridge housing is full of gummy, dried up black ink. The black tray does not move smoothly. It appears that the tracks the tray slides on are gummed up.
There are also what appear to be sponges below the black tray that are full of lumpy piles of dried up ink.
I assume the fact that the black tray is not sliding back and forth freely is the reason for the printer not to print, and the "Carriage Jam' message. (The scanner works fine.)
What can I use to clean out the ink? Can the sponges be cleaned or replaced?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)