Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When i am trying to print for the first time i keep getting this message what doers it mean

"Before you can use this feature, onenote must start for the firtstime??

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

What operating system does the computer use?

What model is the printer?

Has the printer software been installed on this computer?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem when I try to print a Microsoft Word document. I have a Pavilion dv6 laptop and a Kodak ESP 5250 printer.  

HP Recommended

i "think" that is os related because it is set to onenote.

but this resolution will do,

uninstall and reinstall the "full version" of your printer..

after that, when you open your printer, it will not ask you to use the onenote software

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I was able to figure it out on my own.

HP Recommended

Before you can use this feature, onenote must start for the firtstime?? What does this mea

HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand you are seeing a message stating "before you can use this feature, one note must start for the first time". I would like to help you with this. I would however, require some more information from you so I can better assist.

Can you please respond to me with:

Your printers model number.

Which OS you are running, Windows or Mac.

Are you able to print?

Are you able to copy?

Are you able to scan?

What troubleshooting steps have you already tried to attempt to fix this issue?

I hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having a similar problem.   I cannot print from a .pdf file, as it gives me the above error message.  I have been able to print a test page from a Word file, so the printer is actually working. 

I have had my printer installed for many months, and have had no trouble until today.  I had a difficulty with the password on my Microsoft account (ironically, to access the help forum), and now this issue has arisen.  I have another computer, and switch the printer back and forth all the time, and I've never seen this before.

The computer giving me this trouble is an HP Pavilion G6

Operating system is Windows 7

Office 2010 is installed

The printer is an HP Photosmart 7150

I haven't tried printing from other non-MS apps, just with Adobe Reader.

I tried uninstalling OneNote, but it appears to be contained within Office.  It doesn't appear in the program list for uninstall. 

I am quite annoyed that MicroSoft can reach out and interfere like this.  I have never opened OneNote, and if it has been on my computer all along, it has been there for several months, as I added office last summer.

I hope you can help.

Catwalker

HP Recommended

I get the message before you can use this featur onenote must start for the first time?  what does this mean and what do I need to do to get my printer to print this out.

HP Recommended

i am using hp deskjet  3325 and my os is windows 7 when i try to print a pdf file it was showing one note must be started after that i started one note i transferred texts frm pdf to one note and tried to print but i was unable to do so please help me ...

thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.