01-12-2010 07:36 AM
Can anybody explain to me what an "Electrical Failed Pen" error is? I am now getting this error after replacing one of my cartridges. This seems like a downgrade from the problem I was having yesterday, but at least the printer is telling me WHAT the error is now.
Any ideas? "Electrical failed pen"?
01-13-2010 12:02 PM - edited 01-13-2010 12:04 PM
This error would indicate an electrical problem with your ink cartridge. Cleaning the cartridge contacts as shown here may resolve the issue. In the future please mention your printer model and other pertinent information, it would help in providing answers.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)