01-19-2009 07:32 PM
This printer was provided by HP support as a replacement for a 1610. Now this one (received in 4/08)
flashes the "Reset Power" message on the front panel when trying to print ANYTHING. Didn't have the
problem until 3 weeks ago, when it would sometimes print.
I have deinstalled and reinstalled both printer and drivers. Worked fine today for about 4 minutes, then returned
to presenting me with "Reset Power".
I'm led to believe there may be a firmware issue which would require printer replacement. Any other tips
Thanks and regards.
03-26-2009 03:53 PM
I just had a situation where the screen on my 6310 briefly said "reset power". Now I cannot turn the printer on and the little camera icon in the lower left corner where all the photo disc slots are is blinking furiously.
Have you had any resolve on your problem?
03-26-2009 06:07 PM
1. Unplug the power cord and the usb cable from the back of the printer.
2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
3. Wait for 2 minutes.
4. Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet only.
5. While the cords at the back of the printer is still unplug, press and hold the pound (#) and six (6) buttons.
6. While holding the two buttons, reconnect the pwoer cord to the back of the printer and after two seconds, release pound and six.
7. Wait for the printer to re-align.
03-26-2009 07:18 PM
04-03-2009 02:08 PM
I pulled these steps from a doc, but I'm afraid they're the steps you've already tried. If so, I would advise you to call support (1-800-HPINVENT) as your product may need to be serviced.
04-03-2009 03:01 PM
06-06-2011 02:21 PM
This problem is on every forum and HP are obviously aware of the problem and are refusing to acknowledge the problem and post solutions other than standard resets which do not work.
My guess is it's a date trip and it means time to buy new HP printer.
01-05-2012 05:20 PM
I am getting the Reset Power message on my Office Jet 6310, and it will not print after resetting, it goes back to the reset power message, what is wrong the this printer, if I can't get this fixed, I will be buying a new printer and
it will not be a HP!!!
11-07-2012 05:25 AM
I was with the same problem and (i don't know why) i tried to open the Scanner where the cartridge is, then push the cartridge (wich was on the left) to the right side. I had done this with the HP turned off.
Then, just turn it on again and it's fixed.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)