Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F2480
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I would like to contact original HP Printers Customer Support via Email message. Not volunters but their support employees. I somehow managed to find ''Help'' link and even form, i filled it with request that someone with very detailed experiences and knowledge could get back to me via Email message - communicating with me via Email and Not requesting to call. However when I wrote this request there was no ''sent'' button''. I clicked the only visible button and didn't get any confirmation that message was. I also checked my email inbox and well as ''Junk'' folder and there is no confirmation that they received my request. When I wanted to retry contacting HP Printers Customer Support, the website required me to input the product I am requesting help for. I entered my printer which is HP Deskjet F2480 but I got the following error message:

"This product is no longer serviced by HP. You may search for possible solutions on this support website. "

It doesn't say who should I contact, it only says this quoted text. I am NOT asking you for reasons why the product isn't serviced by HP so you don't need to consume your time with long messages explaining me what happened. The only thing I want to ask is: Where (asking for webpage with working customer contact form including Send button OR email address) could I contact them?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@srini0

I can offer the following help / comments:

Not sure why you are seeing the message about this printer -- the Website Support Pages, including a Full Feature Software installation package (for the printer software) is available:

Printer Driver Page:

HP Deskjet F2480 All-in-One Printer

Full Feature Software:

Release details

Released: Dec 22, 2015

Version 14.8.0

Main Page:

HP Deskjet F2480 All-in-One Printer

User Guide

Fancy_Lines_1.jpg

"Send" button:

• Try a different browser - For example: Firefox is notorious for missing buttons on some forms
  • The "send" button may be described as "Next", "Options", or other text.

Commentary

The basics > contact HP

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts -  USA / Canada

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Tech support/ Customer Service  – Some English Speaking Countries

Including UK and Europe

Printers

From a post by @Sunshyn2005, to contact HP Support see the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter your unit’s Product Number OR select to Auto Detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Fancy_Lines_1.jpg

• I do not know if "email" response is (still) an option.
  • Note that if the product is not under warranty, there is likely a charge (fee) for having HP Technical Support help you with your issue.
  • If email does not / will not show as an option, consider having HP call you.  FYI:  TTY services are available for Hearing Impaired.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Dragon-Fur thank you for your reply but I am still not able to contact them. I AM able to pass the following you said:

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

also write everything in form.

But I only see button ''Show Options'' which is at the start grayed out. After I fill everything in form, i can only click said button. It redirects me to some weird webpage and text written is gone. Same on different web browsers so i am still not able to contact them.

If email contact fails then I will simply call them but i cannot use just most common phone number because i have very uncommon request. What I need is that hp printers employee with experiences and knowledge in exact subject confirms me whether or not HP Deskjet F2480 printer may or may not print something i am going to ask him/her. And if answer would be negative then i would also ask if there are any solutions on adding some kind of hardware into the printer so printer will be able to print something.

Just in case if you can forward me to some particular location (phone number) I am going to be more direct: with ''something'' i meant banking cheques with each and every security feature. So my question for them would be if exact model of printer would be able to print banking cheques. Not many printers can do that. I am expecting negative answer, hoping for positive, but need hp expert in such knowledge to tell me this.

HP Recommended

The chances of getting the information you want by calling support is approximately zero, this is just not something that would have been tested for a low end consumer inkjet printer.

What exactly would you like to do?  No inkjet is going to be able to print the MICR magnetic ink. Similarly, a consumer inkjet would not reproduce the watermarks or microprinting.

If you want to print information (To:, Date and Amount) on preprinted checks that would be possible on most printers.

I would suggest posting some details of what you need here, perhaps in a new thread with an appropriate title.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Bob you asked me what exactly do I need or what would I like to do.

The ultimate goal of what I want is getting 100% correct answer from expert in particular area of knowledge on the following ORIGINAL question:

Can be exact model of HP printer  Deskjet F2480 used to print worldwide banking cheques or not?

If answer would be YES I would have the following subquestion:

Do I need to have any additional hardware in the printer so I will be able to  print legitimate and original worldwide cheques or even outside of printer such as special pen for signatures on both sides?

If answer on original question (first underlined text in this message) would be NO, I would have different subquestion - the following one:

Is there anything I could do, such as adding some hardware to identical printer so I would be able to print worldwide banking cheques?

The reason why I need expert in this field and not just any HP employee to be contacted is because I would need some further discussion on the topic regarding security and other type of features that physical cheques must contain so they will be original, legitimate/legal, cash-able, readable by each and every cheques reader/scanner, etc. Few of those features are written and listed by me here:

http://textuploader.com/537f7

Although I would need to be aware that some of the feature depend on cheque paper, perhaps even printing Software and not cheque printer. Additionally I have to be aware that this is not a banking online forum (discussion board) so I cannot expect too much of an answer here but if I asked the same question on the banking forum then they would have zero experiences with this exact model of printer. Thats why I decided to visit this forum instead of some banking forum.

Additionally, I don't know what you mean with term ''inkjet''.

HP Recommended

The Deskjet F2480 printer will NOT do what you want.  No HP (or other company's consumer printer) will print the security features such as hologram, microprinting, security screen and others.

The security features are included specifically to make it difficult or impossible to duplicate genuine documents.  

Depending on your application you might consider preprinted checks that can be fed into a printer for printing from a program such as QuickBooks or Quicken.

There are two main types of printers for consumers:  Inkjet and Laser.  They have different pro's and con's, but neither are suitable for the job you propose.  All Deskjet printers are Inkjet printers.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you again for your reply. You said security features are to make it difficult/impossible to duplicate the cheque but there are three kinds of security and any kind of other nonsecurity features:

- features related to printer (semi common)

- features related to quality of paper (very common)

- features related to cheque printing software (less common because as far as i know features usually aren't realated to software at all)

I listed some of the features on the textuploader link in my previous post.

You further told me I might consider preprinted cheques. What exactly did you mean with this? You probably didn't mean only that I should just buy some quality cheques printing paper with all features included.

Are you saying if I buy preprinted cheques then I could print them with Deskjet F2480? I don't think so because most likely for original and legitimate cheques there must be some very special printers. Even if I buy this:

http://www.micre13b.com/

I don't think that would work for my printer because this works just on laser.

Or what exactly would I do with preprinted cheques?

Also: if you don't mind me asking, if I manage to find a cheques PAPER with maximum possible (preferable all) security features, to make sure my usage of cheques wouldn't be against the law, what else would I have to request from cheques paper vendor? What would I have to tell them to print on cheques? Most vendors just sell the paper. The goal is that I can remain owning this exact printer, also for cheques usage so I don't need to buy new printer.

HP Recommended

@srini0

Commentary

The original question / concern, that of the printer "no longer supported" has been effectively answered.  The printer is supported to the extent that the Full Feature Software is available; the various help and troubleshooting files are available, and the User Guide and Specification publications are still around and available for download.

Although the questions you are asking deserve consideration, this (forum) is perhaps not the platform to address / answer your concerns.

This is a community forum staffed by HP end-users and HP enthusiasts.  Expertise levels vary.

Everyone here is a volunteer and spends his / her own time trying help other forum members.

In my opinion, the answers you expect regarding this subject might best be answered on a site / forum dedicated to financial software where you might also find the knowledge you seek regarding how to best create a printable legal-tender check face on a printer.

You are also welcome to contact HP Sales and ask to speak with an HP Representative.

Good Luck.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

The web page here shows the type of pre-printed checks used for Quicken or QuickBooks. The security features are built into what you buy,  The account information is already printed on the check, using the MICR font and special magnetic "ink".  You would print "To:" information, the date, amount and memo lines with your printer, and the Deskjet F4280 you have would work for this.  Your Deskjet will not print the MICR account information; even if you had the correct fonts you would also need magnetic ink.  The Deskjet (or a consumer Laser printer) also would not print the security features.

The answer to your question is:

YES, you can print checks like these on your Deskjet F2480.  If you order checks make sure you order Inkjet compatible checks.

NO, you cannot print the MICR account codes, the watermarks, microprinting, and other security features with your Deskjet F2480.  If you buy the preprinted checks as described above these will already be printed on the stock you buy.

Edit -  the following software packages are listed on the website above as compatible with their checks:

• Quickbooks
  • Quicken
  • Aatrix Software
  • Abacus Law Back Office
  • Accpac Multipurpose
  • Accpac for DOS
  • Accpac for Windows
  • Accpac Plus
  • Accpac Simply Accounting
  • Acropolis
  • Advanced Property Management
  • AlarmKey Multipurpose
  • AlarmKey Software
  • American Contractor
  • AMS Prime
  • Bank One Software
  • Basic Property Management
  • Business Works Gold
  • Checkwrite Plus
  • Construction Mgmt
  • Creative Software
  • Creative Solutions
  • Credit Soft
  • Daltek Advantage
  • Dapix
  • EZ Act Business Systems
  • Farm Works
  • Form Filling
  • Form Magic Multipurpose
  • Form Magic Deluxe
  • Gemini
  • Instar Agnecy Management
  • Intuit Easy Accounting
  • Intuit EasyAcct
  • Intuit MasterBuilder
  • Intuit ProSeries
  • Intuit Quickbooks & Quicken
  • Keystone Software LTD
  • LandlordMax
  • Made 2 Manage
  • Managing Your Money
  • MAS 90, MAS 200
  • Microsoft Money
  • My CheckBook
  • MYOB
  • Myriad
  • NetLedger
  • Newviews
  • Online Payroll
  • Onpay
  • Pacioli 2
  • Pacioli 2000
  • Pen Soft
  • Peoples Choice Accounting
  • Power Church
  • ProCare
  • Professional Property Mgmt.
  • Profit & Profit Gold
  • Property Manager Edge
  • ProSeries
  • PRPsolutions
  • QuickBooks
  • QuickCare
  • Quicken
  • Quicken-Quickbooks
  • Reinerware
  • Rent Manager
  • Software Technology
  • Surepayroll
  • Tenant Pro
  • Trams
  • VAM
  • Yardi
  • Zipper Payroll

I really cannot help you more in this thread, I have nothing more to say on the subject.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

that means any kind of ''MICR Toner'' would be useless for my exact printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.