05-04-2014 09:02 PM
Sounds like something might be going on with the hardware, but let's find out for sure...
1. double-check the settings and connections: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&
2. update the firmware: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&
3. test the fax: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
If those steps fail, it's hardware, and you'll need to possible reset the printer. You can contact HP support in North America at 1-800-474-6836 or find the local telephone number for your country here: http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/support.html Please look for the category "Technical Support After you Buy"
*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".
If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)