Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8100
Microsoft Windows Vista

used to have officejet pro 8100. it developed a problem. was told by hp did not have service location to have it fixed, had to purchase a new printer. did the uninstall to remove 8100 from the system. everything seemed to be ok. did the install for the new printer, officejet pro 6830, and this seems to be working good.  now the problem... everytime i reboot my computer i get this error message. how do i get it to stop?   " error loading C:\folder\folder\HP OFFICEJET PRO 8100\bin\HPStatusBL.dll "  HOW DO I GET THIS TO STOP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @bigkahuna404,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are getting a runtime error message with your old HP Officejet 8100 printer, after uninstalling the software. I am happy to help!

First, I would suggest to try the MS Fix it, program by Microsoft. If that does not work, you may need to manually remove/disable the item from your startup programs. How To Disable Startup Programs In Windows 7 and Vista.

Hope this information helps, and have a nice day! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @bigkahuna404,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are getting a runtime error message with your old HP Officejet 8100 printer, after uninstalling the software. I am happy to help!

First, I would suggest to try the MS Fix it, program by Microsoft. If that does not work, you may need to manually remove/disable the item from your startup programs. How To Disable Startup Programs In Windows 7 and Vista.

Hope this information helps, and have a nice day! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I have a similar issue, not sure how FixIt will fix it, and though I downloaded and ran it, I can't see that it did anything.

this began after I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of my printer after I installed windows 10; and I did use powerful uninstall on the printer

error.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.