05-23-2013 09:58 AM
Someone outside of my home network is printing through my wireless network. I have an HPb210e. How do Iadjust the printer settings to stop this?
05-23-2013 10:07 AM - edited 05-23-2013 10:12 AM
Are you using the printer as a standalone device or is it associated with an wireless access point?
Follow the instructions on this document to change the security type to WPA if you have it set up using WEP. Change the network key as well.
WEP is the currrently weakest security type available. It is very easy for anyone who is so inclined, to crack it and get your passphrase.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)