Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (96 Views)
Accepted Solution

stop printing from websites.

Product Name: HP officejet 8600
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please can you help me? First time having this problem, in one computer I don’t have this problem, in the other (both the same Sony) this problem started few weeks ago, when I am a website like amazon or myUCLA my printing doesn’t respond to print, if I try the “print this page” it doesn’t print, no error alerts and the printing log show zero documents to print.

I have no problems printing other documents, only happens when I am in a website, I already reinstalled the HP Officejet 8600 software and reinstalled the Chrome browser all working except printing from websites, I tried the Firefox browser the same problem but shows “printing error” alert.

I am connected at home via wifi wireless.

Can you help me with this problem please?

Accepted Solution

Re: stop printing from websites.

Hi @h2oo

Hope your issude gets resolved soon.

Thanks.

View solution in context
Dean
Message 2 of 6 (70 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Have you tried using Microsoft Edge browser or Internet Explorer?

Thanks.

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (57 Views)

Thank you,

I had many issues with Internet Explorer stop using years ago, I will tried Microsoft Edge browser and let you know.

thank you so much

Dean
Message 4 of 6 (47 Views)

Hi @h2oo

Hope your issude gets resolved soon.

Thanks.

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (38 Views)

Hello again friend,

I use the Safari browser and printed immediately, then use the Microsoft Edge and also worked, thank you! why chrome and Firefox stop printing from websites?

I don’t use Edge because I heard from day one that their spying is worse than google? What do you think? Is Edge safe?

Thanks, and take care     

Dean
Message 6 of 6 (28 Views)

Hi,

Perhaps you can check if there are any updates to Chrome or Firefirefox that might allow you to print again? Does resetting works?

Spoiler

I don’t use Edge because I heard from day one that their spying is worse than google? What do you think? Is Edge safe?

We heard about that as well. it's the way they put the phrasing that most people do not internalize that they are allowing "spying" or Edge to collect data.

It can be turned off though.

Here's a resource that shows how to turn off the "spying".

Privacy issues on Edge Browser

Hope that helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation