Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
6830 e J2D37A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

stopped printing  black, changed cartridge,

no error messages

ran printhead cleaning & alignment

how do i evaluated printhead problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @hugh7345

I'm afraid there is no option to replace the print head. The print head is installed in the printer and is non-replacable one. 

It looks like a printer hardware issue. You can contact the HP phone support for further assistance or for a possible printer replacement / upgrade.

You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @hugh7345 - Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are unable to print in black on your Officejet 6830 printer. Appreciate all your troubleshooting steps.

I found a wonderful document which will help you fix the issue. Please follow the steps listed here: http://hp.care/2psPdRv Skip the steps that you already tried. Also, try cleaning the print head 2-3 times if the first time did not help.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Found this document previously and tried all the steps. Is there a way to test printhead? Is there a separate one for black? Are print heads replaceable for 6830?
HP Recommended
Other 3 colors print fine. Or did, until I ran them out of ink. Don't want to buy more cartridges if I need to buy new machine.
Thanks for your help in analysis.
HP Recommended

Hello, @hugh7345

I'm afraid there is no option to replace the print head. The print head is installed in the printer and is non-replacable one. 

It looks like a printer hardware issue. You can contact the HP phone support for further assistance or for a possible printer replacement / upgrade.

You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
I was afraid of that. Thanks for straightforward evaluation. Time for new printer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.