Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an hp all in one, the cartridge cradle stick's, I found that if you open the cartridge door all the way like you are replacing, the ink cartridge, and close it back up it will resume.

HP Recommended

Hey all.  I've been bashing my head against a brick wall all day trying to get my Photosmart 8450 to quit giving me the same error message as all of you.  I followed all the troubleshooting suggestions mentioned on the HP website and I even kicked the **bleep** machine in frustration.  Nothing work.  The kicking was quite satisfying tho.  THEN! EUREKA! I decided to completely pull all of my ink cartridges out of the printer and tried running the stupid thing without any cartridges installed.  I dunno if this tricked the machine but low and behold, it was like I gave it a kung-fu karate chop to its little brain because it worked! The machine sat there a minute and thought about it.  But it finally waved the white flag and surrendered.  

TRY PULLING OUT ALL THE CARTRIDGES AND RUN IT EMPTY.

Hope this helps all of you.  If not, try punching it.

Melanie

HP Recommended

My 5600 all in one cannot seem to print without getting stuck at the end of the paper. The printer grabs the end of the paper after printing and I have to pull it out by hand, then the button lights up and the cradle will not move sign comes up. Then I press ok. and it starts all over again when I begin to print again. UGH

HP Recommended

What do I do about "Print Cartridge Cradle stuck - clear jam on HP Photosmart 8250?

HP Recommended

hi there bethsingletary,

This article should help resolve the issue you are having. Let us know if it helps or not. 

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

have deskjet 3650 printer . not sure why it wont pull paper thru. at first it said cradle jam. unplug and replug after a few min. all you hear are the rollers going and the paper not going thru. thre is no paper jam. this started after a bad thundersttorm. it isit stopped 

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem as the one that a number of people have already posted -- my printer is a 5510.  Now I'm unable to print, copy or change cartridges.  The message is "Mechanism Error:  The print cartridge cradle cannot move. Free the cartridge cradle and press OK button the the printer."  My question:  HOW TO FREE THE PRINT CARTRIDGE CRADLE?

I also often receive the message that there's a paper jam when there isn't one at all.

Many thanks for any help and advice about this. 

Alexandra Karam

HP Recommended

Hi Margerine,

I would like to help with this problem, is your printer an Officejet 5510 or a Photosmart 5510?

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

My printer is a Photosmart 5510.  Thanks so much for your help!

Alexandra Karam

HP Recommended

Thanks Alexandra,

Follow the steps in this document A 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays on the Control Panel. It has a video and excellent pictures to show what you need to be looking for.

Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.