Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Today I upgraded from version 10.1 to 10.3.90613 (SR4). Now when I try to execute the program I see the web jetadmin window and appears the next message -> "waiting for service start". I waited 3 hours and continue with this message. I revised the services, and stop/start services and rebooted server. The server is a virutal machine and have installed Windows 2003 server R2 (spanish), 32 bits, internet explorer 6. I have been finding solutions in this forum and trying differents options but the programa don't work.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
have you confirmed the services HPWJA Service and HPWSProAdapter Service are both running? i would stop both of them, wait a minute, then start the HPWJA, follwed by HPWSProAdapter. then test.

if your still having problem, maybe make sure the service is allowed through firewall. i had fresh install and had similar problem. i had to allow program access and add the service.exe hope this helps.
HP Recommended

When restarting services, I also do "SQL Server (HPWJA)" - WJA is dependant on that. - fyi: if you have a large installation, I have literally waited 3-5 hours for some WJA upgrades, I think it needs time to process the db before the client can connect.

HP Recommended

@bob Roell wrote:

When restarting services, I also do "SQL Server (HPWJA)" - WJA is dependant on that. - fyi: if you have a large installation, I have literally waited 3-5 hours for some WJA upgrades, I think it needs time to process the db before the client can connect.

this is assuming you also have the database on same server.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help. The database is in the same server.

I did it this:

I uninstalled web jetadmin and installed again. But I had the same problem but finally I created 2 files .bat with this sentences:

For stop services:

net stop HPWSProAdapter

net stop HPWJAService

net stop mssql$HPWJA

For start services:

net start mssql$HPWJA

net start HPWJAService

net start HPWSProAdapter

After I executed those 2 .bat and seems will work good but now I receive this message "An unexpected error has been encountered". I tried to execute from antoher computer windows 7 (servername:8000) and I receive the same message.

HP Recommended

Finally It's working but I couldn't to restore the backup. Maybe the backup from 10.1 is not compatible with 10.3. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.