Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp envy 4511
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

my envy 4511 will not print until I push the on button then it will print what is on the pc screen .Is this normal for the envy 4511. all the other printers I have come on when I click print

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi nidsad,

Having issues getting your printer to printer from the pc. Here is the link for the Users Guide

for the HP Envy 4511 printer. It is filled with lots of how to’s.   Meanwhile,

I do suggest that you press the on button before making your print requests.

Link for manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04779225

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Cheers,

Jeff C

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi Nldsad,

I think that probably due to your printer supports the "Auto-off" energy saving feature. It will completely turns off the printer off after 2 hours of inactivity.

Different from the "Sleep mode", once the printer is turned off, you need to use the power button to turn it back on. Then you can make it print.

You are allowed to disable the "Auto-off" feature by -> "Setup->Preferences->Auto-off"

Hope this helps!

I am an HP employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.