Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Since getting my HP Envy 4500 printer I am having problems printing Excel spreadsheets.   The "Print Preview" shows the document correctly, but when it prints it skips some  grid lines.   My ink cartridges are full and I have the settings marked to print grid lines  (which is correct 'cause it prints some).    What is going on?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Also,  I tried cut and copy to a new doc but it still prints that same way.   Also formulated a new test spreadsheet and it printed the same way--missing grid lines.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I saved the excel docs in XPS form and now the grid lines all print.    I don't know why but this worked for me.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi, is the print quality good when printing from other applications? (eg: Word) 

Could you maybe scan in an example of the printout and post it here to the Forum?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I hope the attachment came through.   It missed every other line????Scan0001.jpg

HP Recommended

Printing is great on every thing else--photos, docs., web pages, email, etc.  Just in excel it acts goofy!

HP Recommended

Very weird! I've noticed a couple other Envy customers talking about something similar.

Can I ask to try printing out a similar table in Word to see if does the same thing?

Also, which version of Excel are you using?

Lastly, can you read what is the warranty ends date on the back of the black cartridge (YYYY/MM/DD)

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended

Also, there are a few suggestions from @inimitable395  that may help....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/Excel-spreadsheet-not-printing-correct...

HP Recommended

I saved the excel docs in XPS form and now the grid lines all print.    I don't know why but this worked for me.

HP Recommended

Ok thanks carib1029

Glad that works, but I'm still not sure what's causing it. Thanks for the feedback though.....

HP Recommended
How do you do this?
HP Recommended

I'm having this problem.  It is only printing the horizontal gridlines every other one on every document I try to print.  I've tried copy and paste to new sheet, print on XPS document writer, etc.  Nothing works.  And I need this for a presentation I'm giving!!  Help!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.