Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

why do I get HP CUE-Scanning Flow Component has stop working message when I try to use the scan?  HP PSC 1610 ALL-IN-ONE printer-scanner-copier

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi smith6806,

Try the steps below, and then let me know if you are able to scan from Microsoft Paint or Windows Fax and Scan?

Let me know what you find out on your work laptop?

Follow the steps below to check the WIA Service:
1. Type services.msc in run or search program and files
2. Scroll down to the WIA Windows Image Acquisition
3. Make sure that this service is running. Click Stop, and then Restart to make sure
4. Restart the computer

Restart the Dependencies services:
1. Click on Start, in Search box type “services” without quotes.
2. Scroll down until you see Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
3. Double click on it and go to the tab called Dependencies.
4. 2 services should be listed.
5. Exit that window and look for Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
6. Make sure it’s on manual or if it is on Auto, just leave it. Make sure the service is started though.
7. Go to Shell Hardware Detection and Double click.
8. Set the Start up Type as Manual and hit Apply.
9. You should be able to Start the service by hitting Start.
10. Now you are done and the Twain Manager should be working and not give you an error. This should fix your problem

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

120 REPLIES 120
HP Recommended

Hi rrip,

Try the following utility. Let me know the outcome.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-96506-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I just downloaded the HP Scan Diagnostics Utility 4.2 program. It seemed really good. It got to the Windows (WIA) Scan and then went to the Solution Center telling me that some of my files were missing and offering me a Patch. Hey, GOOD DEAL. I downloaded the patch and installed it. Now the test ran all the way through. It offered to run a Test Scan to further check it out. Okay … Guess What.  The “HP CUE-Scanning Flow Component has stopped working “ message popped up immediately.

The diagnostic program also told me that if I was still expeiencing problems I might check for recent updates and gave me a HP Update tab to click. I did. It then told me "No new updates are available."

I have two printers, an HP Deskjet F4140 and an HP Photosmart 2610 xi, loaded to this computer. Both work fine on the other computers here at home. I think I got a bad automatic Windows Update. Somehow I don't have one showing in my System Restore, but I still feel that might be it.

Can you just Reinstall the printer, then hope you can remove the other one somehow?? I am having to go to one of the other computers to do my scanning and then pick them up on the network. It works ... but it is a hassle. THIS is my computer. (HAHA)

HP Recommended

HiJEB30096,

Sounds like you may have an issue with your operating system on this computer. First thing I suggest you try is uninstall, and then download the current version of software and driver from the support.hp.com website.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I am having this same problem--multiple times.  I did not have this before, with several re-installations.  Therefore, it is not the OS.  It is purely an HP problem, so do not try to deflect it.  All my SW is the newest.  You also have not solved the problem, dating from when I was on warrantee, that your software spontaneously decided to reinstall a duplicate driver for my HP 309c. It keeps installing duplicate print drivers. Now I can't get direct help from you, even on the old problem.  Please email me to set up a  call. 

HP Recommended

Hi JonCowan,

What is the full model number of your printer?

How do you have it connected to the computer?

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

It is a Photosmart Premium 309c, connected by USB.

The Utility was a waste of time. I'd already run it. It doesn't find the problem. Please call me after you research both problems. My account is listed under that number.

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hi JonCowan,

I need a little more clarification on the model number. There are five different printers with 309? in the model number. Once I can determine the correct printer I will be happy to supply you with some troubleshooting steps.

HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printer - C309h

HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printer - C309g
HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C309a
HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C309c

HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-in-One Printer - C309n

If you would like to speak with a customer support agent you will need to call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

It is a 309a. 

If I call support for this problem, they will insist that I pay for it, even though the reinstallation issue started while I was on warrantee.  I'm sure there is a way to bypass that.  Perhaps you can tell me how.

In the meantime, I am relying on you to solve both problems.

HP Recommended

Hi JonCowan,

Try using the scrubber built into the CD or Download.

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-66918-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-66918-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.