Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

did all this already - uninstalled program, tried to follow the document ( 2 weeks ago it was successful - then error recurred).  I am stuck at this position - I cant delete that HP folder.  A DLL file wont allow access.

HP Recommended

Hi Bluefathoms,

Have you tried to run the restore point back to when it was working to see if it is still working?

It appears that you have gotten an update or virus which has corrupted the operating system.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

No - dont remember how to do a system restore.

Seems the event occurs when I get an update from HP.  Never had this before and does not occur on any of the other 5 computers here.  Mcafee scanns all systems and System mechanix also

HP Recommended

system cant restore - tried to go back to 5/31.  I do have a

Back up registry: as directed in the document dated back to 5/17.

HP Recommended

Hi Bluefathoms,

You can access the system restore from the system tools under accessories.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi Bluefathoms,

At thie point it seems like the operating system seems to be having some issues. If the printer is working fine on the other computers have you considered backing up your data, and then run a full system recovery to put this system back the way it was when you bought it?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Operating system seems fine - no issues with anything except HP product / software.

How do I get rid of all HP software (esp HPSLPVC32.dll)

Once that is gone - I can remove and reinstall
HP Recommended

Hi Bluefathoms,

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I have a C309a and have the same problem with the HP Cue Scanning Flow Component error message coming up when I try to scan.  I have run the Print & Scan Doctor program, but when I select the scan option, the program freezes at Driver Check.  I have to Ctrl, Alt, Delete to get out of the program and then it appears that something continues running in the background, because the laptop takes forever to shut down. I have uninstalled all HP programs and downloaded and installed the newest software version from HP. Same problem.  The printer works fine but I can't scan.  I have received messages that the Scan Driver is unable to communicate with the product, suggesting I unplug, plugin and restart. I do everything but same problem. I also get an error message that the HP scanning device was not found, suggesting turn off, turn on, reboot computer, uninstall device, reinstall software. I do everything but same problem. I have a new Asus laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium.  I have never been able to scan through this laptop.  Please help as I am totally frustrated.

HP Recommended

Hi smith6806,

Follow the steps below, and let me know what happens?

Step one: Clear temp directory

1. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field
  2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).
  3. Continue with Step 2 below

Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-66918-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.

3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation

4. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

9. Open folder Util

10. Open folder CCC

11. Run the uninstall_L4

12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Let me know if you are able to successfully install the software and driver, and are able to print & scan?

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.