07-04-2012 08:58 PM
HP Deskjet F4500 Series the printer. When I go to print, the printer is always offline. I either have to unplug my modem/router etc and then plug it all back in to get the printer back on line, but when I do this, then my TV has to reboot/reload, too. I don't like to have to do this. Or, I have to connect the USB cable to the printer to print. FYI, I don't leave my printer on all the time. I only turn it on when I want to use it. How can I fix it so it isn't off line everytime I turn it back on?
07-04-2012 09:32 PM
Does the printer have a static IP? Setting a static IP is explained in Point E of the guide here:
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
12-02-2013 06:02 PM
I understand your Officejet 6300 is stating "offline". Please reference this HP document to help you resolve this issue: 'Printer is offline' And The Printer Will Not Print.
I am going to recommend referencing this previous post from CherylG for assigning a static IP if your printer gets offline on a regular basic.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)