07-24-2011 06:36 AM
it seems to be that the command to print isn't getting from the computer to the printer.
I've tried printing a test page, that's not doing anything either. I can't find a troubleshoot option - and im not sure it'd help anyway, cos the computer doesnt seem to realise there is anything wrong with the printer. I've tried the USB cable in different USB ports that i know for sure are working, so THAT's not the problem, and i've tried a different USB cable.
i just dont understand it, it's like the two jut aren't communicating
any ideas? im completely stuck!
07-24-2011 08:43 AM - edited 07-24-2011 08:48 AM
Does a self test print? press and hold the Cancel button & then press the Start Copy Color button
The F2280 is the default printer?
Have you tried the HP diag tools http://www.hp.com/go/tools
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)