Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
AI4535
Microsoft Windows XP

Planning to buy an HP 3635 or 4535 printer.  sld be able to print from Android mobile. More important: Need to print from an outdated desktop running Win SP SP1 connected to a modem with wifi . Which one supports my requirement? Also does any of these have Ethernet port?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes,

You may the 4535 with Android device for both printing, scanning, managing your device and finding the ink levels.

First you will need to connect the pritner to your wireless network for printing:

Use the built-in Wireless Setup Wizard to set up your printer on your wireless network.
  1. Turn on the printer if it is not already on.
  2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .
    The Wireless screen displays.
  3. Touch the Settings icon .
  4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
Alternatively you may use HP WiFi Direct to printer without a router:

printing can be done in seveal methods, follow the 'I am at home or can access a local network printer' section below to find about any available option:
support.hp.com/emea_middle_east-en/product/HP-DeskJet-Ink-Advantage-4535-All-in-One-Printer/5447926/model/5447927/document/c04708580#AbT0

As well scanning can be done using HP AIO Remote:

http://support.hp.com/emea_middle_east-en/product/HP-DeskJet-Ink-Advantage-4530-All-in-One-Printer-s...

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Both models provide wireless capabilities, not a wired ethernet connection.

Additionally both require Windows XP SP3 to install the drivers, any current HP printers require Service Pack 3 and will not work with Windows XP Service Pack.

Regards,

Shloi

HP Recommended
Can i set up n use AI 4535 without computer ?
HP Recommended

Yes,

You may the 4535 with Android device for both printing, scanning, managing your device and finding the ink levels.

First you will need to connect the pritner to your wireless network for printing:

Use the built-in Wireless Setup Wizard to set up your printer on your wireless network.
  1. Turn on the printer if it is not already on.
  2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .
    The Wireless screen displays.
  3. Touch the Settings icon .
  4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
Alternatively you may use HP WiFi Direct to printer without a router:

printing can be done in seveal methods, follow the 'I am at home or can access a local network printer' section below to find about any available option:
support.hp.com/emea_middle_east-en/product/HP-DeskJet-Ink-Advantage-4535-All-in-One-Printer/5447926/model/5447927/document/c04708580#AbT0

As well scanning can be done using HP AIO Remote:

http://support.hp.com/emea_middle_east-en/product/HP-DeskJet-Ink-Advantage-4530-All-in-One-Printer-s...

Regards,

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.