Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet InkAdvantage 3635
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I have a Deskjet InkAdvantage 3635 AIO Printer, which used to work perfectly last month. I had not used it for a week and now when I try to print wirelessly it says "Unable to Find the Device" I have followed HP Scan Doctor steps to reconfigure the wireless settings, reinstalled software, Modem reset, Printer reset, still no go. The Printer is on thee same network as thee computer.

Wireless network test has passed and says connected. Still unable to print.

Please Help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @AshaSKaranth,

Welcome to the HP community.  A very good day to you. 🙂 I understand that you require assistance with the wireless Hp printer not communicating with the computer. It will be a delight to assist you. 🙂

Awesome description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  .  You are an important HP customer and it is a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

First off I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a windows or software update? Do you remember?

Please try all the prescribed steps from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-DeskJet-Ink-Advantage-3630-All-in-One-Printer-series/7172313/...

Fix this problem automatically

Manual steps to solve the problem

Use the following steps until the printer comes online and you can print again.

Step 1: Set the default printer and unpause printing

Step 2: Reset the printer and check the connection status

Step 3: Make sure the correct port is selected

Step 4: Create a manual connection (network connections only)

Step 5: Add a second printer device to Windows (network connections only)

Step 6: Reinstall the printer using HP Printer Assistant

Step 7: Other things to try

This should do the trick for you. Please add a TCP/IP port if it still does not work from this link: http://psg.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/145408i41E51E2563A52474/image-size/original?v=...

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @DavidSMP,

I am following the instructions provided. However, I am unable to access the EWS. Says the site cannot be reached. There is no firewall, network is fine. 

I am able to access my router page, and the printer is listed with the correct ip address.

Please let me know what to do next?

Regards,

Asha

HP Recommended

Hi @AshaSKaranth,

I reviewed the post comprehensively.

Is the printer's wireless light lit or flashing?

Please try network defaults on the printer. I will include the user guide for the same. please refer page number 74 to restore network defaults. Link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04649694

Thanks for the quick reply. Please try a different internet browser like Firefox or Google Chrome and check again.

Later, try the steps from this link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Connected-Mobile-Printing-and-Cloud-Printing/printer-won-t-print/m-p... which has a video to assign manual IP address and to disable IP V6 on the printer.

Then run print and scan doctor from the same printer offline link if nothing works.

Finally please contact Hp phone support to get the issue corrected. Please keep me posted.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @DavidSMP,

I Contacted HP Call center, they resolved the issue after 2 hours of troubleshooting. So I do not know which solution was implemented to resolve the issue. But thank you for replying. You have a great week.

Regards,

Asha

HP Recommended

Hi @AshaSKaranth,

I reviewed the super quick post. Thanks for the response. You've done some outstanding and fabulous troubleshooting to correct the situation. 🙂 hats off to you for that. 🙂 Brilliant effort.:)

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. 🙂  It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind.  

I honestly hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.