Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
F5S29B
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2135 Product name F5S29B - While printing PDF doucument there is huge margine space at the bottom that cause my docs look dull. If i select "actual size" the border in botton goes out of the margine and doesnt print secoundly if i select "fit" page lift up and keep 5 to 6 inch gap in bottom on A4 paper. i want to see my PDF or office page as full page(A4) printing without any margin restrictions. If you could solve this problem then well and good orelse i need to find another company product for my office use. Thank you look forward your solution ASAP...

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Greetings @SebbyArounj

Welcome to HP Forums, 

I see you are facing an issue with the print margins while printing PDF files. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Are you able to print other formats correctly?

Have you tried to print PDF from other applications?

Recommend you to use the print preview option available on the application you use before you print.

The print out is going to be like the way it looks in print preview. 

Please make sure all the print settings are set correctly.

For assistance in understanding the printer and paper settings, please refer to this article

Also, try different applications to view and print PDF. (IE, Word, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Chrome, and many other applications are capable of printing PDF files..)

HP Printers - Printing Documents (Windows)

HP Printers - Using Your Printer with Windows 10

Click here for the printer manual

Let me know how it goes. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Chimney_83,

Thank you so much for your responce and valuable information.

As you asked in your reply that I'm able to print from another application my answer us "NO" . I'm having same problem in all my document including MS office. There is always space in the bottom due to that if there is page border in your word document it will not print.

I tried your another option to print from IE and crome, thing is that its get print absolutly fine just a minor space but quality of the document get hampperd. Sometime there are few bugs due to that u need to print twice or tice to have your document print ok.

I think this specific model there is bug that need to be rectify. Apparently im using my old canon printer which is print absolutly perfect all document.

Once again thak you so much for your assistance. in future if you get further developer solution to fix this issue please share with me. (If you can share your email so i cant send you a screen shot)

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @SebbyArounj,

As @Chimney_83 is out of the office today, I am jumping in to assist you. I reviewed the post comprehensively. brilliant troubleshooting and spectacular diagnosis of the issue. Hats of to you for a job superbly done. 🙂 

For now please try these steps to check if this fixes the issue.

Check the box "scale to paper size" in Printing preferences\Features tab\Resizing Options" and try printing again.

If this does not work try these steps:

Go to Devices And Printers.

2] Right click on your printer and click on Printing preferences.

3] click on Paper/Quality Tab.

4] select a4 in paper size.

Now check if it works. This should do the trick for you. 

If this does not work, please check by installing windows 10 built in apps from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879

This should work and correct the situation for you. If nothing pans out, as a last resort please uninstall the printer software by performing these steps:

•  In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.

Then reinstall the full feature software for windows 10 from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-DeskJet-Ink-Advantage-2130-All-in-One-Printer-ser...

This could do the trick for you. 

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

None of the solutions work. Was trying to print labels, and I've struck a wall: the hard limit of the bottom printing margin (14+mm).

Any attempt to minimise the margins are unsuccesful, and I suppose it's a hardware limitation (the printer hardware cannot precisely position the page when it moves the last few milimeters). If I had known the problem, I wouldn't have bought an HP printer.

To add insult to injury, only select models support borderless printing, regardless of the page size. My next one surely won't be a HP; since the cartriges are open, a return is out of the question so all I can do is put it in the loss column and buy from basically any other manufacturer.

HP Recommended

HP-2600 cuts off page bottom. Leaves 1.5 inch margin.  This happen in print mode. Copy mode is OK.

HP Recommended

not solve because in advance setting no have permission on change margin... hope hp can solve this problem .... ASAP.

I buy this printer to print my work... but now.... i spent my money for waste device just to make my time gone like that .... to find a solution for printing full margin.... 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. The bottom won't print. How do I fix this. The above solution does not work

HP Recommended

well boys and girls and whatever, let me tell you that we've been had. They took our money, and by the looks of it, on this forum, this is a standard problem they have, and yet they sell their printers, no problem.
They don't even bother to reply whent the complaints go out of hand, as it happened here, where it is clearly a limitation from HP's part.
Can I have my money back? 
I am sure I CANNOT, because you took it and probably covered your a$$ when agreeging to terms and conditions.
Don't worry HP, my next printer, definetely won't be a HP.

HP Recommended

@pulamea,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.