Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
DeskJet Ink advantage 4535
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hello,

Purchased and tried printing from HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4535. Printed PDF, Excell but crashed continually when trying to print from Word. Updated my mac OS from 10.7 to 10.12 as I thought maybe the drivers weren't compatible with OS 10.7. Still crashing.

Uninstalled printer files 2x, double checked all files were deleted, restarted etc. Made sure all the latest drivers were installed but still no resolution.  Prints in other programs and with other printers but repeatedly crashes during every attempt to print Word docs from the HP 4535

All of my Microsoft office is updated. Any suggestions? 

Thanks much! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MD15

Thank you for the update,

Since HP doesn't have any drivers for MacOS (Sierra) as off now, I recommend you follow the below suggestions:

Please download and install the HP Easy Scan App to see if that will allow you to scan from the ADF. Use the HP Easy Scan App.

HP Easy Scan

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Easy Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, open the Presets menu, select Edit Settings, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

·         Apple Image Capture

In the Scan Mode menu, select Document Feeder.

·         HP Scan

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, click Scan, click Show Details, select Document from the Type menu, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

I also suggest using the Apple Scan while you wait for the HP software to be updated. You can use the following link to confirm your printer is still compatible with your OS: 
Printer and scanner software for MacOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks.

Mac Basics: Using a scanner

For related links, please click here.

To troubleshoot MacOS Sierra Problems: Click here

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck. ​​​​

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MD15

Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well 🙂

As I understand the HP 4545 repeatedly crashes during every attempt to print Word docs,

Here's a related HP Forums post that seemed to have helped others with the same query as yours: Click here

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below. 
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the advice. I'm running os Sierra on a mac. The link you sent was for windows. I went ahead and looked for other drivers on the HP website, but couldn't find anything. My wifes mac is also not printing from Pages, so I think the problem is with the drivers. Any other advice? 

Thanks again,

MD 15

HP Recommended

@MD15

Since HP doesn't have any drivers for MacOS (Sierra) as off now, I recommend you follow the below suggestions:

Please download and install the HP Easy Scan App to see if that will allow you to scan from the ADF. Use the HP Easy Scan App.

HP Easy Scan

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Easy Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, open the Presets menu, select Edit Settings, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

·         Apple Image Capture

In the Scan Mode menu, select Document Feeder.

·         HP Scan

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, click Scan, click Show Details, select Document from the Type menu, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

I also suggest using the Apple Scan while you wait for the HP software to be updated. You can use the following link to confirm your printer is still compatible with your OS: 
Printer and scanner software for MacOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks.

Mac Basics: Using a scanner

For related links, please click here.

To troubleshoot MacOS Sierra Problems: Click here

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck. ​​​​

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@MD15

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and Happy holidays 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.