Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 1 of 1 (237 Views)

HP Download Manager installs but no executable file anywhere

Product Name: 300x / j3263a
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 300x/j3263a is no longer browser addressable. SO I assumed it needed to update the firmware as now I'm using windows 10 64bt.

Then I'm to download the dld file, that part was easy and update the print server. If this fixes it or not, don't know.  I found instructions (on hp site) to download HP Download Manager (HDM / use to have name dlm). So Installed, well sort of... it goes through the scheme of installing but no where is a program called HDM or DOwnload Manager or HP nothin using search in windows 10.

Tried this a couple three times (that's about 6) and never a program appears. But it says it's there. Go figure.

The issue is the web browsers, IE, or FireFox or EDGE, all same results asking for a plugin. Tried it with an old XP machine and same results. Sort of indicates that JAVA isn't installed or such. SO I installed newest version of JAVA which did't please windows 10 but still it didn't work.

I'm about as close to getting this resolved as I was in the beginning of trying to change the IP address of the 300x, simple but two days gone trying.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation