Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3545
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I set a password for the printer. And everytime I try to login with it, it keeps asking for the user name and password. So I want to reset the password or leave it blank. Please assist urgently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @flame_ardor,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I understand you would like to reset the password for your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545. 

You should be able to do this by restoring the Network Defaults in the front panel of the DJ 3545:

On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button. The Wireless menu displays.

Press the button next to Settings.

Press the Down Arrow to select Restore Defaults, and then press OK.

Press OK again to confirm your selection.

NOTE: You will need to reconnect your printer back to your wireless network.

Did this help? If not continue below:

The lockout is really designed for the printers to prevent others from making printer changes that could affect how the printer behaves.  For example, to keep the date and time set to that faxes show an accurate receive time.

Get the printer's IP address by pressing the network icon at the top of the screen.

Enter this IP address into the address bar of a web browser on a computer.  The printer's status page should load.  If you receive any certificate warnings, choose the option that lets you continue anyway.

Click on Settings and then go to Administrator Settings on the left.  Many of the features of the front panel are controlled here.  Make sure everything is checked except for Control Panel Lock.  Once this is set, click apply.

Power off the printer for at least 1 minute and then power it back on to force the new setting to take effect.

The Admin settings page should look similar to this screenshot when it is set the way it should be.

of6700_adminsettings.JPG

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. I will watch for your reply.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution" . If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @flame_ardor,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I understand you would like to reset the password for your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545. 

You should be able to do this by restoring the Network Defaults in the front panel of the DJ 3545:

On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button. The Wireless menu displays.

Press the button next to Settings.

Press the Down Arrow to select Restore Defaults, and then press OK.

Press OK again to confirm your selection.

NOTE: You will need to reconnect your printer back to your wireless network.

Did this help? If not continue below:

The lockout is really designed for the printers to prevent others from making printer changes that could affect how the printer behaves.  For example, to keep the date and time set to that faxes show an accurate receive time.

Get the printer's IP address by pressing the network icon at the top of the screen.

Enter this IP address into the address bar of a web browser on a computer.  The printer's status page should load.  If you receive any certificate warnings, choose the option that lets you continue anyway.

Click on Settings and then go to Administrator Settings on the left.  Many of the features of the front panel are controlled here.  Make sure everything is checked except for Control Panel Lock.  Once this is set, click apply.

Power off the printer for at least 1 minute and then power it back on to force the new setting to take effect.

The Admin settings page should look similar to this screenshot when it is set the way it should be.

of6700_adminsettings.JPG

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. I will watch for your reply.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution" . If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello HevnLgh,

Thanks so much for your assistance! It worked, the admin password has reset and I can access the settings page with no problem. Take care :OpenSmile:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.