Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv3
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi, 

I need your help again. My PC won't turn on this time. I seldom use my laptop but last week I happened to open it and it's still in good condition but now I'm wondering why it won't turn on anymore. It has no battery pack actually so the charger is directly attached. The charger I think is working as I can see the light beside the port but when I push the power button it just lit a few seconds then it fades. Please help. Thanks.

swanie

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @swanie125

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to windows and there is no display.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below link to fix this issue.

http://hp.care/2b3S0hd

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello The Fossette,

Thanks for your reply. But I can't hear any fan sound when I press the power on. The led light just glow a few seconds then it fades, black screen still. I'm afraid to make any trouble shooting. Any recourse please. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @swanie125

Thank you for posting back.

Yes, I understand that the fan is not spinning when you start the computer. I would like to inform you that it depends on the settings you have in the bios. If you keep the fan always on option enabled then the fan will start as soon as you turn on the computer.

I recommend you to follow the steps in the article I have provided in my previous post and check.

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The Fossette,

Thank you for your reply. But when I tried to turn on my laptop this morning I'm happy that it returned to it's usual state. I didn't do anything, I just plug the adapter then push the power button then there it is!  maybe my laptop just had  some time of hibernating. I was worried all the while but thank God that i's okay now.

Again, thank you so much for your time in responding my message.

Take care as well.

Best,

swanie

HP Recommended

Hi @swanie125, I am the Jeet_singh. It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

It's not working again. I left the pc yesterday on a hibernate mode but whne I came back it didn't turn on again until now. I think it's in deep slumber again just like what happend before and I have to wait again for a few days to re try, I just hope it work soon.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@swanie125

Thank you for the replying,

I recommend you redo the steps done previously as they should resolve the issue, if not consider using an alternate adapter to check if that works,

Or perhaps, changing the wall outlet and removing any surge protectors and connecting the power cable/adapter directly to the wall

That said, Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.