Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have over 5900 photos in my computer under Pictures.  I've Windows 10 now but they predate that by a few versions.  I take them on a Kodak EasyShare XC5330 and load them via my HP PhotoSmart C6380 All-in-One printer to the computer.  I can't find DELETE on any screen; HP Library, or the system directories.  I'm not very good at computers, just your average eBay Power Seller, with too many photos of things I've long ago sold.  All instructions to me will need to be in clear and small steps.  I need too get rid of over 5000 of them (keeping ones that aren't eBay related).  Grandma Taj

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@chinalady

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have 5900 photos in the Pictures folder and would like to delete about 5000 images from there. 

I sugegst you to follow the belwo steps. I've tried to make it as simple as possible for you:

• Open the Pictures folder.
  • You will see all 5900 images inside the Picture folder.
  • Copy the 900 images that you do not want to lose. Press and hold the Ctrl key and click on the images one by one, this way multipe images get selected. Or you can click hold the click and drag the pointer on the images that you want to be selected. 
  • Once the images that you want to keep are selected, "rigth click" on any one of the image and select "copy."
  • Go to another folder if your choice and and right click on it and click on "paste." This way you can save those 900 images to another location so that you do no tlose them.
  • Come back to the pictures folder and press the Ctrl+A keys on the keyboard. This will select all the images inside the Pictures folder (saves time and you do no thave to manually select each image one by one.)
  • Press the Delete key and it will move all the images to the recycle bin. If you want to permanently delete the images then press the Shift+Delete keys on the keyboard. This will erase all images from the Pictures folder.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.