Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a relatively new (~2 months old) LaserJet 1536dnf MFP that has been successfully installed and functioning on my network via hardline ethernet connection.  However, recently the printer lost connection to the network.  The lights next to the ethernet port are not turned on (neither blinking or steady), either at the printer or at the network switch it is plugged into.

I have attempted the following steps to remedy the situation, both independently and in combination:

• Restarted the printer via power button
  • Restarted the printer via removing/replugging the power cord
  • Reset the network switch
  • Replacing the ethernet cable
  • Moved ethernet connection to different port in network switch
  • Reinstalling the printer drivers

None of these steps has fixed the situation.  Network plug lights have remained "off" following each step.

Is there anything else I can try, or is it fair to say that the ethernet connection on the printer has somehow stopped working?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have done good with the information.  However, I think you need to grab your receipt and take it back or call HP as I believe the Ethernet port may have gone bad. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You have done good with the information.  However, I think you need to grab your receipt and take it back or call HP as I believe the Ethernet port may have gone bad. 

HP Recommended

Thanks - that's what I was afraid of.  I'm outside of the return policy window, so will have to contact hp for warranty support.

HP Recommended

As closure, after seveal trouble-shooting sessions HP did in fact replace the unit under warranty based on a diagnosis of a faulty network port on the printer.

HP Recommended

I've had this printer for at least two years and it stopped working recently.  Reading the summaries and advice, I checked cables and discovered that the ethernet cable had come out of the switchbox.  Not sure how that could have happened, but it was so unexpected that it might have taken me hours to discover it if I hadn't read these posts first.  Thanks to all those who conttibute to discussion boards.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.