06-04-2013 01:13 PM
My new WIN 8 HP laptop cannot see and install my Primary Networked Printer, an older HP Color LaserJet 4550 that is hardlined (by parallel port) into my desktop which is then hardlined into my wireless router. I have not had any issues with WIN 7, WIN Millenium, WIN 2000, WIN XP or WIN 95 in connecting to this printer.
I have installed both the HP Universal PCL Print Driver and the HP Universal PostScript Print Driver that are listed on the Drivers page. Neither one works with this printer.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation