Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
4650dn

Okay so my printer stopped working and I replaced the Jetdirect card- all seems okay the Imac connects the macbook running OsX 10.11 connects but my pC running windows 10 cannot locate the printer. The imac is wired to the network the macbook is wireless- I have played with the I/O settings but do not understand them enough to make sense of them- thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Macs can find network printers where windows need them loaded and shared on a server or local printer in order to find with a search of network printers. The easy way to load the printer is to print out a config page and the second page will have the network settings of the printer. Use the ip address of the printer (example: 192.168.1.35) to load the printer on the windows machine. You just use the add printer, next and then click on the create port and in the drop down choose standard tcp/ip and just follow the prompts. When asked type in the ip address of the printer and click on the box to query the printer click next and windows 10 should finish up the loading for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Macs can find network printers where windows need them loaded and shared on a server or local printer in order to find with a search of network printers. The easy way to load the printer is to print out a config page and the second page will have the network settings of the printer. Use the ip address of the printer (example: 192.168.1.35) to load the printer on the windows machine. You just use the add printer, next and then click on the create port and in the drop down choose standard tcp/ip and just follow the prompts. When asked type in the ip address of the printer and click on the box to query the printer click next and windows 10 should finish up the loading for you.

HP Recommended

I did that- could not find it my address is a bit odd 169.254.121.240

HP Recommended

Okay I tried it again and it worked- thanks I guess I can try to re-attach my hair now

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.