Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Colour LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having the same problem where the printer displays 55.1 Error. I tried the suggested solution to remove the power lead from the back of the printer for 5 minutes whilst powered up and it seemed to work for one print session. However, the next time I went to use the printer and turned it on, the same error message came up and the suggested fix hasn't worked this time.

I'm now without a printer, so what do I do next please? I still have 9 months left on my warrany. Previous posts suggest the printer needs to be replaced, is this right?

Look forward to hearing from you soon as the UK call centre is closed today (weekend).

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You probably have a hardware issue that hp will need to solve. The 55.1 error relates to a memory error on the dc controller. Make sure the printer is plugged directly into the wall socket and not a surge protector. If the error is still there, then you need to contact hp customer care in your location to get warranty service since it would appear parts will need to be replaced. One more thing you can try is what is called a NVRAM reset. Please read the what is reset.

NVRAM initialization CAUTION:Be sure to print a configuration page before performing an NVRAM initialization.An NVRAM initialization erases all data stored in the unprotected NVRAM sections. Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information:●All menu settings are reset to factory default values.●All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset.After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this printer so that the computers can recognize the printer.

1.Turn the printer off.

2.2-line control panels: Press and hold the right-arrow button and the Cancel button simultaneously. Keep the buttons depressed as you turn the printer on.Touchscreen control panels: Turn the printer on, and then, as soon as the HP logo appears, press the lower right quadrant of the control panel.

3.When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons (2-line control panels) or touchscreen.The NVRAM initialization starts.

4.When the printer has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

HP Recommended
Hi, thanks for your post. Unfortunately the above instructions have not solved the issue so I will contact my local HP support as the printer is still under warranty.
HP Recommended

I've received a reconditioned printer from Eastern Europe, which after a week of use has gone the same way as the first printer. This is getting rather tedious and I hope I get a new model equivalent to the one I purchased.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.