10-24-2011 08:18 PM
Model: HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A Plus
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Error Message: The following printhead has a problem "<symbol> K Y". Replace the printhead to resume printing.
I purchased the printer 2 weeks ago. Do I have to replace the printhead already? Printer use has been light.
10-24-2011 08:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the printhead problem this early on your new printer. The error is referring to replacing the black and yellow printhead. The cyan and magenta is fine at the moment, unless it will also come up with the same error. (i.e. Replace K/Y C/M printhead)
You can check the ff articles to resolve this issue.
Hope this works for you!
* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation