Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp 1020 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Whenever I try to print, I got a straight gray strip and  some marks. I recently Refilled the cartridge and priror to refilling this wasn't the problem. This Problem starts after refilling and this was the second time i refilled the cartridge. I clean the cartridge twice and used the printer cleaning utitlity, but it did not help, Here the picture of print out, and picture of opc drum. The cartridge model is Q2612A. The lines on Opc drum appear as soon as the printer is turned on.Output PageOPC DRUM IMAGE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You could, but looking at the condition of your drum I would just replace the complete cartridge since it looks like you also need a new drum.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The toner cartridge needs to be replaced.  Inside the cartridge is a wiper blade that cleans off the drum as it moves. Yours has gone bad.  Also keep in mind there is also a waste bin where the excess toner goes that the wiper blade has removed. That is probably filled with toner and your problem will only get worse. Break down and buy a new toner cartridge.

HP Recommended

can't i just replace the wiper blade with new one instead of buying a new tonner.

HP Recommended

You could, but looking at the condition of your drum I would just replace the complete cartridge since it looks like you also need a new drum.

HP Recommended

If that's the case then I'll buy a new tonner and fix the old one.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.