01-05-2012 01:45 PM
Is there a way to adjust printer margins or printable area on HP laserjet printers such as the 5000, 8000 or 9040 series?
Using either Windows XP or Windows 7 64-bit.
We print CAD drawings to these types of laserjets and the CAD software shows a usable printable area. I'm wondering if this can be adjusted through drivers or firmware or what controls this?
For example, one printer shows a printable area of 10.653" x 8.138" for a letter size sheet.
01-11-2012 04:14 PM
There is a non-printable area for the LaserJets. The margin for those printers is about 4.5mm or 1/6" around the edge of the paper. Even if your software allows you to set a margin value of 0, the printable area will still be approximately equal to your example (10.653 x 8.138").
I work for HP
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation