Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have also forgotten my administrative password on my new officejet x476 printer.  would love to reset. [personal information removed]

Thanks.

Tom

HP Recommended

Hi,

password lost on HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fnw.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi - We have an HP 4345MFP and need to change the output to face up, but no one knows the admin password as the printer was taken from a prior location of ours we acquired and emptied out. Can someone help with resetting the admin password?

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hello,

I work for General Motors IT. We are replacing all of our printers with HP. I have set many of the M880 up and have obviously fat fingered an Administrator password in one. I am currently getting:

Number      Date and Time                   Cycles          Event                Firmware                      Description or Personality

10         7/21/2016 3:25:35 PM     36645          30.03.45     2305090_000458      SCB firmware assertion failure {0:s}
hw_micci2_v11.c 1060 (1)

I wanted to verify and upgrade FW before calling in support but found I can not get in.

Can you assist in recovering the admin password or resetting the printer back to defaults?

Thank you

GMIT

HP Recommended

I'm having way too much trouble with my HP 6812 officejet installed and re-installed and keep having the same problems, I can't get to anything through the screen on the printer says password protected and it no place to put a password in so I really need to know how to factory reset this printer

HP Recommended

sir 

i want to reset passwrord on  my hp 1536dnf mfp. pls help me 

HP Recommended

i need to reset my wireless hp deskjet printer but i have forgotten my password can you help me

HP Recommended

Hello, we have been receiving random prints and most recently received a printed note trying to get bitcoin from a self proclaimed hacker named stackoverflowin. I tried to web into the printer (laserjet 500 M551) however it seems as though he was able to change the administrative password. I would like to be able to reset/take back this printer so that I can lock it down. Thanks.

Marvin Parnell

Springfield Greene county library dist

IT dept.

HP Recommended

Jason, would you send this same thing to me for my HP laserjet 500 mfp 525? I would appreciate it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.