12-28-2013 02:11 PM
We tried to setup a new HP photosmart Printer Model B210a and after making some noises for a few minutes the power supply failed completely! Unfortunately, the printer sat in a box unused while the warranty period expired. Is it worthwhile to replace the power supply, or is it likely that some problem in the printer will make a new power supply fail as the original one did?
01-09-2014 10:53 AM
You could certainly replace the power supply and will not likely experience the same issue again.
The best way to ensure you are getting the right part is the use the HP part surfer to verify. Enter your product number and it will give you the right part number for the item you are looking for.
HP Part Surfer
Some parts may no longer be supplied through the site, but it's a great way to validate what you find from a 3rd party vender will work. To ensure you have found the right part when shopping from a 3rd party site or vender compare the product number of the part.
You may however rather call HP. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US or you can Contact HP Worldwide. < Click here and select your location.
Hope this helps.
* It only takes a second to click (the 'like' icon) below to say thanks!
Thanks - I work on behalf of HP
"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statment
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation