04-20-2010 10:12 AM - last edited on 04-20-2010 11:16 AM by SandyD
HP Officejet 6500 E709n Series - wireless printer
When I try to copy or scan the print out just has black or color lines across the page. I can print with no problems. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, printed test pages, cleaned printer glass, cleaned ink heads, performed hard reset.
Please let me know if there is something else I can do or if I need to throw the printer away and get another one.
The printer is less that 1 year old.
[Title edited for clarity.]
04-20-2010 11:23 AM
I think your scanner may have died.
Let's reset the printer - turn it off, hold the # and 6 keys while and a bit after turning it back on. You will lose your wireless settings and will have to re-connect to your network via the front panel Wireless Network WIzard.
Now, does the scanner work better?
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation