Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've got two different model printers with the exact same issue. These are the Laserjet P3015 and P4015. The problem is as follows...

If I print a single page (like a supplies status page) it will print a blank page.

From Tray 1, if I try to print 2+ pages (like a configuration page) all of the pages will be blank.

From Tray 2, if I try to print 2+ pages (like a configuration page) it will jam with error 13.05.00 and all of the pages will be blank.

Swapping the toner cartridges does not change the problem.

An Engine Test will print a blank page.

A Half Self Test shows no image on the drum.

On the P4015 I swapped the DC Controller, it did not change the problem.

I'm extremely puzzled as to what is causing this issue. Blank pages and a jamming issue? I'm beginning to wonder if I'm missing a problem in the gear train or with one of the motors. Has anyone else seen this problem before and can offer some insight in how to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
The laser is not writing the the image on the drum.
Check to make sure the transfer roller is seated correctly for the jamming issue.
HP Recommended
Some additional information...

The 1st piece of paper is about half way into the output bin when it jams. But at that point the 2nd piece of paper is just hitting the fusing assembly, and seems to start folding up here like it's not going through the fuser as fast as it is coming out of the registration assembly.

I marked the gear on the toner cartridge so I could perform a Drum Rotation Test. The toner cartridge drum does not spin. I tested this with 2 other toner cartridges that I pulled from working printers, same results.
HP Recommended
If the toner cartridge drum is not turning you would not get a piece of paper past the toner cartridge so you are not doing something right. You may have two different issues happening. First there is a registration sensor in the middle below the registration assembly which tells the printer the leading edge of the media has reached that point and starts the image making and transfer as the paper goes under the toner. If that sensor is not working, the flag broken or dirt blocking the sensor, the printer keeps feeding until it errors out for the paper taking to much time to reach that sensor. That is why you have paper coming out the back and another sheet stuck just before the fuser as the printer shut down as the second sheet was moving thru. Get yourself a can of compressed air and try blowing out the area around that sensor flag as it could be dirt or piece of media blocking the sensor. The other issue could be the laser/scanner shutter is not opening when the toner door is closed. Usually when this happens you will never get a jam or a jam message but paper will just feed thru like it is printing.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.