Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 120 e-All-In-One
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Please Help!

Purchased a (slightly) used HP  Envy 120 e-All-In-One from Amazon.

Unfortunately did not have the chance to test all of the printer's functions immediately upon arrival; after a few months out of town, the time for me to enjoy my new printer was cut short due to several issues! The first few documents printed just fine, I was able to connect wirelessly and e-print, but everything went wrong when I tried to scan/copy something.

After troubleshooting through almost every source on HP's Customer Support menus, I have been led to believe that the problem is internal; scanner/copy functions do not and have never responded to anything.

And now, the real reason for this post, when powering on the printer, a blue screen appears on the display showing some strange, pixellated image above the text "C4EBA7C1".  That's it. Nothing else happes. My computer can no longer find or identify the printer, and the thing reboots with a single touch of the power button.

What can HP do to help?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @ernburger,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that your Envy 120 is giving you an error code. It sounds like the printer firmware has failed. Do you have the printer connected directly to a wall outlet or is it in a surge protector or power bar? Even if you have been using a surge protector/power bar all this time and you feel it is not the cause, please connect it to a wall outlet just so we can eliminate the power source as the root cause. Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector In this document you will see, ISSUE: Problems or issues may arise when an HP LaserJet series printer is connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), a power strip, or a surge protector

^ This is not limited to Laserjet printers.

You can also try a hard reset.

1. Make sure the product is on, and then disconnect the power cord from the product.
  2. Disconnect the USB cable from the product, and then disconnect it from the computer.
  3. Reconnect the USB cable to the computer, and then reconnect it securely to the product.
  4. Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet, and then reconnect it to the wall outlet.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to the product.
  6. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response! However, product still showing the same display even after hard reset;

I think the problem lies with the power cable itself! The power input on the product has a very specific shape and the power cable does not match up.

I think I might be missing half of the power cable; it looks like this end goes from wall socket into an adapter or something and from there into the product. Do you know if this particular product uses such power source? Or better yet; where do you recommend purchasing replacement power cables from?

Thank you for your help!!

HP Recommended

Hi. Sorry for the delay. Just got over some health issues.

I could not find anything in the Printer Specifications document. I did find out that the printer does not use an adapter or external power supply. This took a bit of reading through the Envy 120 manual and was confirmed by a colleague of mine who has this model of printer.

Since the display is acting up, I am not sure how a semi full reset can be done. I hate admitting defeat but in this case HP phone support may have better options.  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

bummer!

HP Recommended
I am not sure if you've gotten this issue resolved by hp, but if you haven't this is what worked for me after seeing the same reply from other forums suggesting to simply unplug the printer and plug it into a wall outlet (which does not work). I did unplug the printer (from my surge protector) and plugged it back in then I immediately removed the power cord directly from the back of the printer before it had the chance to initalize. I only waited for about 30 seconds before I re-connected the power cord, but once I did that and let the printer fully boot I have not had any issue ever since.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.