Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is it possible to print borderless with this printer? I need top print brochures and cannot find the setting to make this possible.

Thank you,

EKHC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@EKHC

@EKHC wrote:

Ah yes, I was just reading this in the owners manual. Do you know if it is possible to download a driver that could change the permissioin status to allow edge to edge printing?

I used to think that this was possible (alternate print driver) -- I have since been informed that the capability to print borderless is tied to the physical hardware:  The printer can print borderless - or it cannot do so.

Assuming for the moment that there is a way 'round the restriction, you might try Photo Creations (works for Windows and Mac).  If the software can find a way to provide the service, it will do so.

From @RocketLife 

www.hp.com/go/hppc.

Quick Prints projects - You can download the software from here as well:

https://scripts.rocketlifeproduction.com/go/catalog.php/hp?category=prints_learnmore%23quickprints

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@EKHC

Printer:

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw

No mention of borderless printing in the Specs (borderless not available):

Printer Specifications for HP Color LaserJet Pro M252, M274, and M277 Printers

Paper Handling >

Media

1. Left (LM)

2. Right (RM)

3. Top (TM)

4. Bottom (BM)*

8.5 x 13 in

A4

A5

B5

Cards

Custom-sized media

Customized media

Photo media

Photo media

U.S. Executive

U.S. Legal

U.S. Letter

U.S. Statement

4.3 mm (0.17 in)

4.3 mm (0.17 in)

4.3 mm (0.17 in)

Windows: 4.3 mm (0.17 in)

Mac and Linux: 12 mm (0.47 in)

Envelopes

4.3 mm (0.16 in)

4.3 mm (0.16 in)

16.5 mm (0.65 in)

16.5 mm (0.65 in)

*Select your operating system for the steps to achieve these margin settings:

• Mac: Select Manage Custom Sizes from the Print Driver settings.
  • Windows: Click the Advanced tab in the print driver, and then select Minimize Margins.

Minimum border for Windows:  4.3 mm (0.17 in)

Mac and Linux: 12 mm (0.47 in)

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Ah yes, I was just reading this in the owners manual. Do you know if it is possible to download a driver that could change the permissioin status to allow edge to edge printing?

HP Recommended

@EKHC

@EKHC wrote:

I used to think that this was possible (alternate print driver) -- I have since been informed that the capability to print borderless is tied to the physical hardware:  The printer can print borderless - or it cannot do so.

Assuming for the moment that there is a way 'round the restriction, you might try Photo Creations (works for Windows and Mac).  If the software can find a way to provide the service, it will do so.

From @RocketLife 

www.hp.com/go/hppc.

Quick Prints projects - You can download the software from here as well:

https://scripts.rocketlifeproduction.com/go/catalog.php/hp?category=prints_learnmore%23quickprints

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Fair Enough! Thank You for all of your help and Insight 🙂

HP Recommended

@EKHC

You are welcome.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.