Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M12w
macOS 10.12 Sierra

The software has been downloaded (Firmware Update?) for the correct model since the Macbook does not have a CD drive. When selecting Add Printer you have to either Auto Select software (and Apple does not list it) or Select Software (and a huge list has all the HP printers in except this model) or OTHER. So if I pick other how on earth do I know where is the software located. There is no facility on the Mac or on the HP website to make this process easier. The printer works because it is connected to ethernet to the desktop pc but I frequently need to use Macbook also and bought because it claimed to print wirelessly ! Somebody please help I am going round in circles and this is a frontdesk hotel printer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello@wifibackhole,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

Need assistance in fixing the printing issue. Did I get it right?

I appreciate the description you have shared about the issue which ideally helps me to find the exact solution and share it with you.

I recommend you to try the steps from the link and check if that helps you fix the issue.

http://hp.care/2nkbcqY

Hope this solves the issue you have experienced. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Deep down since it is a hotel I think network wifi may be to blame, but the direct printing solution is not easy either. Software is on the machine but when selecting the printer whose wifi shows up on the Macbook, you can send through a print job but nothing happens. It sends it through up to 100% in the printer dialogue box but the printer is dormant even though the blue wifi light is on. I wondered if the channel needed changing; HP is on channel 6; do I have to set the Macbook to send on channel 6?

HP Recommended

Hello@wifiblackhole,

Thanks for the response.

Try the steps from the link below and check if that helps you connect to the printer and print.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03353355

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP doesn’t recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.