Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I no longer have the problem many in this topic are refering to. Yes, I used to get the pop-up about duplex printing, but not anymore. Further, my printer does say that the duplex module is installed. Perhaps I am lucky.

It's been the best multifunction printer I have ever owned (and mine was a liquidated floor model sold at a Circuit City during their liquidation for $15 - not a typo :))

It sometimes complains about being out of paper when its not and it used to try to use the photo tray as its default tray. Tinkering helped fix that.

PCs: IQ506, ZV6130us, DV9650us
Printers: PhotoSmart c7280
HP Recommended

My duplex printer has worked perfectly on my laptop and previous tower (both using XP). now i go to Windows 7 and it won't work, so i know it isn't the duplex unit - it works fine from my XP laptop. i need to know how to get the duplex unit to work on this new tower. that's why i purchased this particular one, and it is obviously something with the printer and WIndows 7.

HP Recommended

@JRK53 wrote:

My duplex printer has worked perfectly on my laptop and previous tower (both using XP). now i go to Windows 7 and it won't work, so i know it isn't the duplex unit - it works fine from my XP laptop. i need to know how to get the duplex unit to work on this new tower. that's why i purchased this particular one, and it is obviously something with the printer and WIndows 7.

Make sure you have the latest driver, also make sure you have enabled the duplexer as described in the Vista/Windows 7 Duplex Troubleshooting Guide here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01087154

This finally fixed mine, such a happy camper now

HP Recommended

This could be funny if it is not so infuriating.

'here we are, 2016 and this bug is still alive and well.

HP, of course, are no help at all.

This is my home printer, suddenly it will not print duplex in MS WORD no matter what I try.

Luckily enough, as a consultant, I have already took HP printers out of my recomended equipment years ago.

They have nice printers, good printout quality

But

Abhorant drivers and useless tech support.

My only hope is to find someone that actually managed to solve this problem (9 years later)

As for HP actually monitoring these posts, or care much about it, I do not hold my breath

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.