HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
11-10-2013 03:10 AM
I have the same problem described by TheBaz:
- jsut after the upgrade to Windows 8.1 the C7280 stopped to work as scanner.
- I tried to install the latest drivers and software manually chosen from HP site, but during installation I have the same massege reported by TheBaz
- I tried to use the guided installation, but it stops during the download of files: I tried several times but at the end of the download a message like "download was cancelled" appears. (I also disabled the antivirus during the installation).
Now I have an unusable printer, I waste a lot of time trying to install it... I am very disappointed!!!!
Please anybody from HP can help?
Thanks and regards
11-10-2013 10:49 AM - last edited on 04-20-2016 10:16 AM by OscarFuentes
try this program HP gave me this is the only way I got it to work via USB
I cannot install there softwear at all
12-31-2013 12:04 PM
Has anyone gotten the software package to install under Win 8.1?
I can get the Install Wizard to install a basic printer driver, but the full software package doesn't install.
01-10-2014 07:47 AM
Welcome to the HP Support forums. I understand that you are having problems getting the full feature software and drivers to install for your Photosmart C7280.
To better assist you, would you please provide some further information:
- Have you tried downloading the full feature and software and drivers from the HP.com website and saving it to your desktop and then running the file?
- Are you trying to install for a USB connection or a wireless connection?
- Did the Printer Install Wizard give you the option to choose the full feature software?
HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!
I work on behalf of HP
01-10-2014 02:19 PM
yes ,, yet again I have downloaded the software yet again it dose not run, only way can use the printer is via USB & Printer Wizard, had to buy a long USB lead to do it
01-19-2014 07:33 AM
Hello Guys from HP,
I've the same problem the printer is working find but not hte scanner.
Do you understand that we are several users who download the full drivers kits for the Photosmart C7280 "PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408.exe" and this package is not working on Windows 8.1. There is an issue with links and the setup file is not able to find the other files. HP Doctor app is not able to solve the issue. I've uninstall and re-download the drivers several time.
Hope someone in HP is able to quickly solve the issue otherwise I'll have to move to another brand of printer.
01-28-2014 07:03 AM
I downloaded the setup installer for drivers and software (package: PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408.exe) from the HP website. After running it and getting through the extraction phase, I reach the main menu of the installer. After clicking install I receive a pop-up message "The system cannot find the file specified." Retrying does nothing. Please advise, I cannot use my printer.
I have Windows 8.1 64-bit Upgrade from Windows 8.
01-28-2014 09:42 AM
I found a post from another community member that I feel will resolve both the scanning issue as well as the 'can not find file specified' error. Please follow the instructions in this link. Completely remove and reinstall software.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue or not. I will gladly provide additional assistance.
* It only takes a second to click (the 'like' icon) below to say thanks!
Thanks - I work on behalf of HP
"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statment
01-28-2014 09:53 AM
Yes done all this still will not install softwear when will you get it fixed seems to be alot of us with same problem since updating from windows 8 to 8.1
02-01-2014 03:26 PM
I followed the instructions to completely remove the software using the L4 Uninstaller and that seems to have removed everything correctly, however when re-running the installer I encounter the same error as above. This time I tried to click on the Readme button to see what that would do and it gives an error that it cannot find a file as well.
"Windows cannot find "C:\Users\Arthur\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS61D2\setup\
I tried to traverse to the directory to see which folder did not exist and it was the ".lang." folder under Readme. In the Readme folder there are a series of subdirectories for each language pack. I suspect there is a missing environment variable or system setting that this program is trying to use to build a dynamic path and in it's absense uses ".lang."? Any further suggestions?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation