Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CP5225
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have a CP5225 laserjet in our home office which for some reason has stopped printing in color.  Not sure exactly when it happened but out of the blue we attempted to print something and it was b/w.  I've attempted to print stuff I have printed in the past in color and still coming out b/w.

We have tried with 2 different computers running different OS and still having the same issue.  I have checked all the settings I know on my end and everything has color printing enabled. I have tried to remove the printer all together and reload drivers and still no color.  I've gone through the settings on the printer itself and it shows color printing enabled and have even reset to factory defaults still nothing.  Lastly, there is plenty of color ink showing available.

The kicker is when I have it print a test page from within the printer settings it prints a nice color page.  We haven't made any changes to our computers which would have changed any settings.  My fiances computer is issued from her work and is locked down pretty tight so she probably couldn't change settings if she wanted too.  Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
There is a restrict color setting in the embedded Web server and it sounds like it has gotten turned on.

Try putting the IP address of the printer in the URL bar for browser and see if you can get to any settings in the embedded Web server.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended

I was able to access the embedded web server but am failing to see any options which might fix my issue.

HP Recommended

Finally got it fixed by installing an updated PCL6 driver.  Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended
Interesting, since you had failures from two different machines I had takien the driver off the main list of suspects.

HP Recommended

Hi Greg,

I have EXACTLY the same issue and used the same work around. However, when I change the paper size to A3, it goes back to Black and White again.

Greg: Are you able to test (do you have a A3 printer) ???

HP Experts: Do you have any suggestions about what else I can try please ?

Many thanks

TK

HP Recommended

Try this 

Go to devices and printers and right click under printer properties then go to device settings and go almost all the way down to device type an change to color and save the change then go to printer preferences and in the color tab make sure the option print in grayscale its no checked 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
HP Recommended

Hi Reskape,

Thank you SO much !

This has completely resolved my issue ... I am over the moon :generic:

Much appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

TK

:generic:

PS - Cannot see how to mark it as an accepted solution (it's not in options) ??!

HP Recommended

It is my understanding that only the one that created the original request can close it but anyways Im just glad to help 

regards 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.