Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

When I touch on a button nf the display of my HP Laserjet CM1415fn the wrong Button get clicked. I can't click on the Buttons on the right Side

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Sta-In, 

I understand that  the touch screen isn't working properly. I can help you with this.

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.

Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Try and update the printer's firmware. HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn Color Multifunction Printer Drivers.

Select your operating system, click next, click the link for firmware.

Please check your private messages for additional steps to try.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi @Sta-In, 

I understand that  the touch screen isn't working properly. I can help you with this.

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.

Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Try and update the printer's firmware. HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn Color Multifunction Printer Drivers.

Select your operating system, click next, click the link for firmware.

Please check your private messages for additional steps to try.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

The solution initializes my printer, but the calibration still stays wrong 😞

HP Recommended

Sorry, none of these steps work:

[Edited for Personal Information]

Last point was hazardous, because now i can't close the initialization process because i can't reach the appropriate points in the display 😞

HP Recommended

Hi Sta-In,

You are touching the black boarder area, correct?

Is the touch screen isn't working there either?

Do another power reset to see if the printer will go back to a ready state please.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

i touched the areas correct. The reset worked, the printer re-initializes. After that I had to choose the language (which works) and the country (which do not work, because i can't scroll down to germany).

The fact is, that i can touch everything in vertical position, but in horizontal position, i can activate the buttons on the left if i touch in the middle, and i can touch the buttons on the middle left, if i touch on the right side of the screen. I won't reach the buttons on the middle right and the right side (where the scroll bars and the [OK] Buttons are).

As I saw, other printers have a recalibration option for the display.

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information Sta-In.

Since you are still having this issue, after doing the firmware update and the reset, I would call our technical support at 800-474-6836 to see what other options are available. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Contact HP.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm having the same problem with my machine and cannot get the screen to recalibrate

HP Recommended

Seems we are left in the Dark!

Anyone at HP who can help us solve this misalignment?

PLEASE....?

Greeting from wonderfull Urk.
HP Recommended

Welcome @JanPasterkamp,

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are having issues with the display. I will certainly do my best to help you.

If the printer is networked, you can access the printer's Embedded Web Server and turn off the IPv6 setting on the printer, that may help with this situation.

Type the IPv4 address of the printer into your web browser's address bar. (Internet Explorer)

If you don't know the IPv4 address, from Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab. Then click on Configure Port to view the IPv4 address.

After typing in the IPv4 address, do the following:

Click the "Networking" tab.

Click "Advanced" in the left-side menu.

Uncheck the box for "IPv6".

If you are still having issues, try the reset that I sent you in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.