06-20-2010 04:39 PM
Hello and thanks for checking out this post.
My parents recently purchased an HP Photosmart 309c all in one printer. As far as I know, my mother followed all of the instructions on how to hook it up. She can print wirelessly to it but ONLY after she follows this order of operations:
1. turn off and unplug the printer
2. Unhook and unplug the wireless router (router is in a different room)
3. Plug the printer back in
4. Plug the router back in
5. Restart the computer
Now this seems pretty unreasonable to me. I have poked around the internet a bit but cannot find anyone with a similar problem. Has anyone encountered this? Does anyone have a solution?
A couple more notes
- The printer has an indicator light which shows that it is connected to the wireless network. When the printer is on, this light is always illuminated
- The laptop that she uses is an HP Pavilion zv6000
- The router is a D-link router which has worked flawlessly
- She is running Windows XP
- I have tried turning off virus programs and the windows firewall to no avail although I do not believe that these settings have anything to do with the problem since it works once the order of operations from above has been followed
Thank you again for your help
07-15-2011 04:41 PM
If you go to the HP home page, click on the "Support & Drivers tab at the top. Type in the model of the printer you own and download the drivers and firmware to the computer you need to print from. I recently purchased an Apple desktop and an Apple laptop. I has this problem with both computers until I downloaded the firmware to both of my computers. It now works great!