Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17 e100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had my Envy 4500 setup on this laptop until I had some problems to where I had to reload my laptop.  I can not get the printer installed again because the software can not find my printer.  I have done all the troubleshooting and I still can't get it installed.  The HP Print and Scan Doctor can find the printer, but it can not connect it.  The printer has an EXCELLENT signal from the wifi router.  I have typed in the correct IP address for the printer and it just can't find it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @NancyW55, Welcome to the HP Forums!

I wanted to stop in and help you with the issues you're having with installing your Envy 4500 on your Windows 10 system. I would like for you to try the steps from the guide below, in order, and you should be connected afterwards!

If you have any issues, let me know the details and I will do my best to help.

Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows)

Click the thumbs up below to show appreciation for my help!
Click the "Accept as Solution" if I have guided you to a solution!

Good luck:D

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @NancyW55, Welcome to the HP Forums!

I wanted to stop in and help you with the issues you're having with installing your Envy 4500 on your Windows 10 system. I would like for you to try the steps from the guide below, in order, and you should be connected afterwards!

If you have any issues, let me know the details and I will do my best to help.

Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows)

Click the thumbs up below to show appreciation for my help!
Click the "Accept as Solution" if I have guided you to a solution!

Good luck:D

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help!  The software found the printer and the first time it wouldn't set it up but after hitting retry, I was able to get the printer setup and print a test page!  Many thanks for your help!  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.