Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (2,793 Views)

Can't reinstall HP PSC 1315 All-In-One on Windows 7 X64

I initially installed my PC 1315 under Windows 7 X64 with no problems except I left out one of the applications needed for the Scan button on the printer to work. I then re-ran the install and installed recommended features. Scan button still did not work, so I decided to uninstall and start over.

I did a complete uninstall and rebooted. When I tried to run the install again (using the latest Win 7 X64 driver AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe) I get the initial window with the Install and Readme buttons. I click on Install, the window closes and I see the small window with the image of a CD in it for a second or two then it closes and nothing else happens.I did an Acronis restore of my C: boot drive so I was back where I had been before running the install the 2nd time.

I then ran Uninstall_L4.bat from the util\ccc to supposedly remove everything. It ran to completion and rebooted.

I tried th einstall again and the same thing happens. I get the initial window with the Install and Readme buttons. I click on Install, the window closes and I see the small window with the image of a CD in it for a second or two then it closes and nothing else happens.

Anyone have any suggestions how to get this to work again?

Thanks, Rich

Rich
Top Student
Message 2 of 5 (2,779 Views)

Re: Can't reinstall HP PSC 1315 All-In-One on Windows 7 X64

Found this: Re: Printer HP PSC 1315 and Windows 7 drivers

Followed directions by Bob Hedrick (2nd post in thread) and used Windows Updated from the Add a Printer dialog and I now have a working PSC 1315 All-In-One. The only thing that is not working (still) is the Scan button. Does anyone have it working under Windows 7 X64 andif so, what did you do to make it work.

Another day I'll try installing the latest drivr I downloaded from the HP site

AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe

and see if everything, including the Scan button, works. I'm going to wait a bit though in case someone here has a suggestion.

Thanks, Rich

Rich
Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (2,758 Views)

Still can't run the install from the downloaded file. I also put the extracted files from the downloaded file on a CD and tried installing from there with the same result.

When I tried to run the install again (using the latest Win 7 X64 driver AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe) I get the initial window with the Install and Readme buttons. I click on Install, the window closes and I see the small window with the image of a CD in it for a second or two then it closes and nothing else happens.

Can anyone help?

Rich
Regents Professor
Message 4 of 5 (2,755 Views)

Hi. I want you to perform Steps 3 to 7 in THIS document and see if the installation proceeds.

I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
Top Student
Message 5 of 5 (2,746 Views)

Looks like a self inflicted wound!

I had burned the extracted files in my AppData\Local\Temp\7zS3D67 folder to a CD and that is what I was using to install from. I decided to start from scratch so I ran AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe, letting it extract to a new temp folder and the install completed without error.

I still have the problem with the Scan button on the printer not working and generating an error, but at least I can do a full install now.

I also just finished a live chat with HP support and they want me to do a level 3 (util\ccc\UNINSTALL_L3.BAT) then try the install again and see if that helps.

Thanks for your response. I'll post back with results when I'm done.

Rich
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation