10-26-2010 11:11 AM
I have a new Office Jet Pro8500A All in one printer. I have followed instructions, and configured the printer to access my wireless network. The wireless network test report was successful and I can verify the IP address on the printer.
Installing the software on my Windows 7 laptop, I am unable to find the printer to connect wirelessly. I have searched and typed in the IP address by name, but it is not able to be found.
To verify it was not a firewall issue, I tried to install the software on a different laptop connected to the same home wireless network as the printer. The Mac OS also failed to find the printer to connect.
Why does the printer show as connected, but I cannot connect wirelessly? I have read I may need to change my wireless network to WAP but is this really required? I would prefer not to change my home network.
10-27-2010 05:19 PM
Try the following:
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation