01-21-2009 03:59 PM
Im trying to update the firmware on my J6480. Original firmware ends in 812AR. New one ends in 830AR. Downloaded the firmware from HPs website for the printer, run the Network-USB version, chose my printer and click Download. It installs successfully it says. On the printer it shows 1 2 3 4 5 and a progress bar below. It gets to 1 2 3 (4) 5 and the lights flash on the printer. They flash forever. Ive waited 30+ minutes and no difference. If I press the power button the printer comes back up and it says its still 812AR firmware. Ive tried through network install or USB install, no difference. Any idea why I cannot update my printers firmware?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation