Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have a new hp Officejet 4622 and computer set up on windows xp. I have been trying to set up this new printer and the language is in romanian or something. How do I change it to English? Been working on it all afternoon.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I tried that and didn't work for me. When I got to that menu it showed english and below that romaniam or something. It wold not change. What i did do what load the printer disc onto my laptop and set it up and that seems to have fixed it. It is working now.

Thanks for the info.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi aerospecs, 

Follow the steps below to reset the language on the printer.

1. Press the Setup Wrench

2. Press #5 (Preferences)

3. Press #2 (Set Language)

4. Select first option to select English

Let me know if this works for you?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I tried that and didn't work for me. When I got to that menu it showed english and below that romaniam or something. It wold not change. What i did do what load the printer disc onto my laptop and set it up and that seems to have fixed it. It is working now.

Thanks for the info.

HP Recommended

Hi aerospecs, 

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear you have gotten the issue resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I tried the wrench, but nothing came up like you said, why not?

HP Recommended

how to change to english language in hp officeget 4500 printer

HP Recommended

Thank you.

HP Recommended

What & where is the setup wrench to change  to english?  Thank you.

(removed content)

HP Recommended

Can't find setup wrench!?

HP Recommended

Where is setup wrench

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.